Prickly Pear Painted Pillow
- Square, zippered Pillow Cover
- Pillow Insert the same size as the cover
- 5 – 7 colors of craft or fabric paint
- Medium sized paint brush
- Paper (to go into the pillow cover to keep paint from bleeding)
- Piece of heavyweight paper such as an index card
Step 1. Wash, dry and iron your pillow case.
Step 2. Fill the inside with paper to prevent the paint from leaking through to the back.
Step 3. Use a pencil to lightly sketch out the design of a prickly pear cactus. (You can look at pictures if you need some inspiration or guidance.)
Step 4. Using a dry brush, begin to color in each part of the cactus with different colors. Starting at the top helps to not accidentally touch the paint.
Step 5. Once you have the entire cactus painted, let it dry completely.
Step 6. From the heavyweight paper cut a rectangle that is ¼ inch wide and about 4 inches long. Squeeze out a bit of paint onto a surface. Continue dipping your paper in the paint and “stamping” spikes on the cactus. Let this dry completely.
Step 7. Put the pillow form inside the case and enjoy!
Share this on Pinterest. . .