*This is not a sponsored post. All opinions belong to Jenny at dapperhouse.
After donating my kidney in an operation on October 1st 2014, I had big goals to get into great shape. I waited two months to recuperate and on December 1st I went back to working out with a goal to run a mile by December 30th. I made it to the gym almost everyday and pushed myself to the point of exhaustion most times. Still, when the end of the month came, I could not run a mile without stopping due to endurance. My heart pounds and I can’t breathe and I get all dizzy… it is pathetic.
I have many excuses as to why it is difficult to reach my fitness goals. I am tuning 45 years old this month, I have chronic ankle and knee pain and I am way too busy with two jobs and a family to fit exercise and healthy eating into my day. But after not meeting my goal to run a mile in December, I realize that I really have to step up my game!
Here are some ways that I am going to increase my mental state and attitude so that I can reach my fitness goals:
- go “public” with my goals to hold myself accountable
- plan my meals ahead so that I don’t skip meals or eat unhealthy substitutes
- modify my schedule to do some sort of exercise even if I am tired or hurting
- get good, healthy sleep
- treat myself to rewards as I meet my goals such as new workout music for my ipod and new athletic wear
Here are ways that I am going to increase my physical and mental endurance to meet my fitness goals.
- eat smaller, more frequent meals that are protein and carbohydrate balanced
- increase water intake to span over the entire day
- increase interval training to build stamina
- add home workouts to gym time
- record workouts to measure progress
Below are Free Printables to keep track of your Incremental Endurance progress:
Would you like to share your goals with me so that we can hold ourselves accountable? In the comments leave whatever stats and goals you have. Then check in with me on facebook and twitter to talk about successes, failures, readjustments, tips and tricks!