This is a holiday bread with a delicious flavor and a moist consistency. Banana and zucchini are the typical go-to recipes for gift giving breads around the holidays, but this recipe is a unique way to stand out from the crowd! I know you will love this delicious recipe whether you give it to friends or share it with family.
Ginger Pear Bread Recipe
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 C light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 C pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 TBSP unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 C brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 ripe/ firm pear (peeled and firmly chopped)
- Add brown sugar, pecans, and flour in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add butter.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Divide the flour mixture into thirds.
- Set aside.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a mixing bowl.
- With the electric mixer beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla
- Mix until well combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low.
- Carefully add the 1/3 of the flour mixture Mix to just combine.
- Add in 1/2 of the milk.
- Mix lightly.
- Add in the second 1/3 rd of the flour mixture. Mix to blend.
- Add in the second 1/2 of the milk, mix.
- Add in the last 1/3rd portion of the flour mixture.
- Mix just enough to combine.
- Stir in the pears.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Use a spatula to evenly spread the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- With your hands press the topping down gently into the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until the bread has browned.
Also insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean the loaf is done.
Set aside the loaf of bread in the pan for about 10 minutes to allow it to cool.
Flip the bread out of the pan unto a wire rack to cool it completely.