Mongolian Beef with Bok Choy
Time: 30-40 Minutes
Ingredient List (Main):
1-1.5 lbs flank steak
1 large bok choy (cut into chunks)
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup sesame oil (or vegetable)
Ingredient List (Sauce):
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup soy sauce low sodium
1 cup brown sugar
6 cloves garlic minced
½ cup water
Serve on Rice:
Make four, 1 cup servings of instant rice.
2 scallions chopped
- Start by slicing the beef against the grain into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the salt, pepper and corn starch. Toss to mix and add the meat.Ttoss until the meat is coated.
- Add sesame oil to your wok and turn on the heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the beef until browned. Then add the bok choy.
- Heat a saucepan on medium high and add the sauce ingredients in order as listed in the recipe. Stir continuously and in between while adding each one. Reduce heat to low.
- Check to see that the bok choy is cooked but still a bit firm.
- When the sauce turns into a thick glaze, add it to your wok. Stir the meat and bok choy in the sauce until generously coated. Let simmer for a few more minutes.
- For serving, add white rice to a bowl, then add a nice helping of the meat to a plate and top with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.
Pin this now so you don’t forget it later . . .