*This is not a sponsored post.
It melts my heart that children get so excited about the little things in life. Especially when we as moms find creative ways to turn the everyday things into something extra special. Like a healthy snack, for example. Baby carrots and hummus is a go to snack for kids because it is easy, tasty and yummy. With only a few minutes more however, you can present your child’s healthy snack with some creativity and fun! Here is how you can make “Carrots in the Garden”.
• 1 tub (7 oz.) original hummus
• 1 package of baby carrots
• 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
• (optional) celery stock leaves
• A sharp kitchen knife
• Clear plastic cups (found at Dollar Tree)
1. Using a spoon, fill your plastic cup with the hummus. (1) 7 oz. tub will fill 1 cup entirely to the top. You can purchase smaller sized cups to be able to make more with 1 tub of hummus.
2. Use a spoon or small food strainer to spread the unsweetened cocoa on the top of the hummus. This will be your “dirt”.
3. Take the pointed end of a knife and hollow out a small hole in the top of a baby carrot.
4. Place a bit of hummus into the hole and place one of the celery leaves in it. This will make it look like a real carrot.
5. Stick the carrots a little ways into the hummus cup for a super cute, delicious and nutritious treat!
Love this! What a great idea. My kids would go nuts for this!
Super Fun Ways to Get Kids to Eat Their Fruits and Veggies
[…] Carrots in the garden by jenny at dapperhouse […]
Comments are closed.