Pineapple and Jalapeno Cheese Ball with Pistachios
I decided to make a lighter, healthier cheese ball to go with fresh fruit, fresh veggies and some crackers. I wanted it to have a hint of hotness and some good flavors, but I did not want it to be heavy. I made up this recipe and luckily it turned out really good so I am sharing it with you. I took it to a girl’s weekend and they loved it too. Make it for your next party!
What you Need:
- 1, 16 ounce package of low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups finely grated reduced fat white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of well crushed or finely chopped pineapple
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp your favorite hot sauce
- approx. 1 cup of crushed, raw pistachios to cover the cheese ball
- plastic wrap
How to Make:
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until everything is well blended.
- Roll out a sheet of plastic wrap and put half the cheese mixture in the center.
- Carefully use the plastic wrap to form a ball and seal it in the plastic wrap.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese.
- Put both wrapped cheese balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from plastic wrap and roll each ball in crushed pistachios until well covered.
- Wrap each ball in clean plastic wrap and either serve or refrigerate.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before serving to let it soften.
Pin this to your recipes board. . .