Pineapple and Jalapeno Cheese Ball with Pistachios
I decided to make a lighter, healthier cheese ball to go with fresh fruit, fresh veggies and some crackers. I wanted it to have a hint of hotness and some good flavors, but I did not want it to be heavy. I made up this recipe and luckily it turned out really good so I am sharing it with you. I took it to a girl’s weekend and they loved it too. Make it for your next party!
What you Need:
- 1, 16 ounce package of low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups finely grated reduced fat white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of well crushed or finely chopped pineapple
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp your favorite hot sauce
- approx. 1 cup of crushed, raw pistachios to cover the cheese ball
- plastic wrap
How to Make:
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until everything is well blended.
- Roll out a sheet of plastic wrap and put half the cheese mixture in the center.
- Carefully use the plastic wrap to form a ball and seal it in the plastic wrap.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese.
- Put both wrapped cheese balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from plastic wrap and roll each ball in crushed pistachios until well covered.
- Wrap each ball in clean plastic wrap and either serve or refrigerate.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before serving to let it soften.
Pin this to your recipes board. . .
That looks totally delicious. My mom always made cheese balls when I was growing up. I have yet to do it and now I am anxious to try.
I love the flavor combinations. I need to make this like now.
Cheese ball with jalapeno? Wow… That taste fantastic! This will be perfect for the holiday.
I have never seen this type of recipe before but I can think of a lot of folks who would really enjoy it. Perfect timing for holiday get togethers! Thanks for sharing!
It looks so delicious. I haven’t tried anything like this. Thanks for your recipe. I’ll make it for myself.
My family absolutely loves a good cheese all for the snack table! This recipe sounds absolutely fabulous and delicious!!
Oh my goodness this looks delicious. Im a jalapeño type of girl and this sounds like something I would eat.
I have seen these kind of cheese balls in the shop but I never imagined that I could do one myself. I love the combination of pistachios with pineapple and jalapenos. You definitely got the sweet and spicy taste in it!
Nice recipe. I’ll try it soon. Thanks for your sharing
I love all these flavors! I am sure that my family will crazy for this dip! Need to give it a try!
I’m not too big on cheese balls but love that you included jalapeños! Super cool
I love that you combined pineapples and jalapenos – two of my favorite things! I bet this tastes amazing. It would be perfect for holiday parties!
WOW! This looks so cool! I love the combination of pineapple and jalepeno. I am going to have to give this a try asap.
I love that you used pineapple and jalepeno. I am going to have to give this a try as soon as possible.
Mama Writes Reviews
YUMMY! I sooooo have to try this!
Comments are closed.