*This is not a sponsored post. All opinions belong to jenny at dapperhouse.
If you are going to drink a smoothie, make certain it is not working against you. People often associate the word “smoothie” to equate to something healthy but this is not always the case. Taking large quantities of fruits and condensing them into liquid increases the amount of sugars and calories you should include into your daily allotment. When juicing smoothies for health, keep veggies in high amounts and fruit in acceptable servings.
This smoothie that will make you feel & look incredible inside & out. You won’t believe that you can pack all these benefits into one glass of nutritional power! You will need: Pineapple, Cucumber, Watercress, Ginger and Lime Juice.
Large handful of watercress
1 medium cucumber, ends removed
1-1/2 cup pineapple spears
1 inch fresh, peeled ginger
1⁄2 lime, quartered
Juice all the above ingredients and drink to your health!
Why should you choose these ingredients?
The Centers for Disease Control lists watercress atop the list of “Powerhouse Fruits and Vegetables.”
- Excellent source of vitamin K to help with proper blood clotting and bone health.
- Packed with vitamin C which is a great antioxidant to fight off free radicals. Help your body absorb iron.
- Low-calorie, low-fat and full of antioxidants. Watercress is great for controlling cholesterol and eating healthy.
- Rich source of minerals like copper and calcium.
- Packed with antioxidant vitamins that fight off free radicals to help fight off aging and disease.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- The B vitamins in cucumbers can help boost mood and energy levels and an overall sense of mental wellness.
- Vitamins and Minerals include: Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium, Manganese
- lignans which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancers.
- silica which helps promote joint health.
- Amazing source of B vitamins. These vitamins help your body by boosting your mood leading to a better sense of wellness overall.
- Great source of vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that fights off free radicals in your body. It protects against cell damage and the effects of aging.
- Excellent source of manganese. This mineral is an antioxidant which has been shown to destroy free radicals. Manganese also supports the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system. And don’t forget your healthy bones! Manganese aids in the increase of the mineral density of the spinal bone.
- Helps with gastric discomfort by calming the digestive system.
- Can help fight off colorectal and ovarian cancer.
- Can reduce muscle pain caused by exercise.
- Excellent source of vitamin C. This class 1 antioxidant is excellent for fighting free radicals in your body.
- Aids in digestion by activating salivation and other digestive processes.
- Contains powerful flavonoids which are antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-carcinogenic, antibiotic, and detoxifying.
I hope that you are able to try out this incredible recipe.
Let me know what you think.
What is your favorite “powerhouse” smoothie ingredient?
I love making healthy free juice smoothies! This looks like a very delish concoction!
I have never been able to stomach smoothies like this. I know many find them wonderful, but the color gets to me!
I need this. Like, right now. I’m super sick and I can feel my energy increasing just by looking at the picture! 🙂 I’ve never had watercress before. Looks good!
I love green smoothies! It is important to research what is going in your smoothie. Looks like a great combination in yours!
This looks delicious! I have never tried watercress in a smoothie, and it sounds like I should.
Comments are closed.