Decades ago, Brussels sprouts were a vegetable that kids did not like but that is definitely not the case today! Kids love this crunchy and wonderfully spiced vegetable and so do their grown ups! It is no surprise that Brussels sprouts have gained so much popularity that they are a staple at many restaurants. The way that they are prepared is typically the same as this recipe. If you are a meat lover, make fresh bacon, dice it up and add it to the dish. Enjoy this delicious recipe year round.
Other than their great taste, brussels sprouts are very healthy. They are lowfat but very filling. They boost immunity, help prevent cancer, reduce inflammation and balance blood sugar. They are very healthy overall but are also great to add to a weight loss diet.
Enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe for balsamic roasted brussels sprouts.
Prep time: 7 minutes. Cook time: 10-15 minutes Yield: Serves 3/4
- About 40 fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar syrup
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
TIP: Brussels Sprouts can go well with both sweet and savory flavors. Add some creativity to your dish by adding your own ingredients such as small pieces of bacon, pine nuts, thinly sliced apples or feta cheese. A squeeze of fresh lemon on top of this dish is delicious too.
- 1 cutting board
- 1 Pan
Start by washing your Brussels sprouts under running water to remove any dirt.
Trim your Brussels sprout with a knife by cutting off the tough stem. Then, chop each Brussels sprout in half lengthwise.
- Mince the onion and garlic in small size.
Heat a large pan over medium-high, add olive oil and leave it to warm up for a minute, at this point you can add the garlic and onion to the pan.
- As soon they start to turn gold aggregate the halved Brussels sprout, make sure they all face down, this will make them super crunchy .
- Let the Brussel Sprouts caramelized for 4 to 6 minutes, until they develop a dark, caramelized toast color.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix delicately the Brussels sprout, as they are very easy to broke them down once you cut in half.
- For last add the balsamic vinegar and stir all together. Leave the Brussel Sprout cook for another 5/6 minutes until they are soft inside.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve hot.