This is one of my favorites right now for summer. It is simple and fast to make. It is low cal, high in protein and a crowd pleaser sure to make you proud at any pot luck and barbeque this summer. The recipe is for a large serving (7-8 cups). I make this and keep it in the fridge for the family and me to eat during the week. It is a perfect vegetarian lunch for me and a great side dish for the kids. Each cup of this salad has only 145 calories which makes it an incredibly healthy and filling food for dieting. You are going to love it!
Here is what you will need:
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups edemame beans (pre cooked, shelled and cooled)
- 2 cups raw sugar snap peas (Cut in half or leave them whole)
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled brocolli spears
- 2 cups matchstick cut carrots
- 4 cups of Soba Buckwheat Stir Fry Noodles (precooked and cooled)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Asain salad dressing
Just mix the ingredients in a large bowl and you are good to go!
Chill before serving.
TIP: You can add chunks of Tofu or Chicken if desired. You could also add bean sprouts, or any other veggie that you love.