*This is not a sponsored post. All opinions belong to Jenny at dapperhouse.
Frugal living is one reason to DIY your facials at home. Another is just purely to save time. While I agree that it is a wonderful treat to get pampered, it is also a once in awhile treat that you schedule and plan for and set time aside for. DIY treatments are efficient, inexpensive and effective in creating beautiful, healthy skin! Here is how to make the best facial scrubs for your skin type.
I have found a good base for facial scrubs has three main ingredients:
- epsom salt (relieves inflamation, soothes skin)
- olive oil (moisturizes and softens skin naturally)
- honey (antibacterial and anti inflammatory)
These make a perfect paste and a good exfoliation. Then you can add other ingredients that specifically cater to your skin types and needs.
Beneficial ingredients to add to facial scrubs.
- apple cider vinegar (balances pH & inhibits acne)
- egg white (Maintains skin elasticity & shrinks pores)
- soy powder (repairs sun damage and age spots)
- orange, grapefruit and lemon juice (reverses aging & environmental damage)
TIP: Add white or brown sugars to create smaller granules for a different type of exfoliation. Other things such as oatmeal, dry herbs and coffee grounds are beneficial as well.
Basic directions to using a facial scrub: Massage scrub on skin in small circular motions for up to two minutes avoiding eyes. Rinse gently with warm water. Follow with a facial mask or gentle soap. Follow with toner, moisturizer or other products that heal and benefit your skin.