Outer space is one of the most fun imaginary play themes for children. Making a sensory bin to scaffold children’s learning using outer space is a great idea because they will stay interested and have many opportunities to learn!
I used some packages of dry beans and some of the following items:
- Out-Of-This_World Toob of Space toys.
- Glow-In-The-Dark Space Set
- I laminated pictures of the moon and planets.
- I found lava rocks (moon rocks).
- Bouncy Balls with patterns that look like planets.
- Wooden stars and sun.
- Include a small bowl, something to scoop and pour the beans, and a pair of tongs to practice hand-eye coordination.
- Include space related books for children
Tip: Make certain that you have a variety of textures.
Here you will find lots more outer space toys and supplies that you could use!