Outer space is one of the most fun imaginary play themes for children. Making a sensory bin to scaffold children’s learning using outer space is a great idea because they will stay interested and have many opportunities to learn!
I used some packages of dry beans and some of the following items:
- Out-Of-This_World Toob of Space toys.
- Glow-In-The-Dark Space Set
- I laminated pictures of the moon and planets.
- I found lava rocks (moon rocks).
- Bouncy Balls with patterns that look like planets.
- Wooden stars and sun.
- Include a small bowl, something to scoop and pour the beans, and a pair of tongs to practice hand-eye coordination.
- Include space related books for children
Tip: Make certain that you have a variety of textures.
Here you will find lots more outer space toys and supplies that you could use!
Creative Outer Space Crafts and Activities That Are a "Blast!"
[…] In the Playroom DIY Moon Rocks from The Crafting Chicks Outer Space Kids Jewelry from DIY Candy Outer Space Sensory Bin from Jenny At Dapper House Paper Plate Flying Saucer Craft from Red Ted Art Galaxy in a Jar from […]
Comments are closed.