Did you love the DIY tassel and pom pom pillows found here? Then you will love another fun and colorful craft from Amanda at It’s A Fabulous Life Blog. This time it is a colorful pom pom rug that feels good under your feet! It is a fun DIY craft for older children to do as well. You can buy pom pom that are the same colors and make an accent rug for any room! I am going to make a few myself and give them as gifts! This is a great craft project where you sit and catch up on your favorite shows while you work. Or, you can do it with a friend or a child and sit and talk while you work. I cant WAIT to make mine (and have a reason to take a break!) Here is how to make you Pom Pom Rug.
- Plastic Canvas – You can use any size you wish, but I used a 12″ x 18″. If looking in the craft store for this, check near the embroidery supplies.
- Pom Poms – I used packs of assorted sizes and colors. If you are trying to go for a particular color theme you can buy packs of individual colors. You will need a lot of poms! I used about a pound of poms.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue – lots!
- Wax Paper
- Nonslip Rug pad (optional)
- Cover your work station in wax paper. Hot glue will fall through the plastic canvas and you don’t want it sticking to your table!
- Put a drop of hot glue on a pom pom and stick to your plastic canvas. Be careful of your fingers!
- Alternate colors and sizes, gluing the pom poms together without any space in between.
- Keep gluing until the canvas until completely covered.
- Remove any loose glue strands.
- If you want, you can cut a piece of nonslip rug padding to fit and glue to the back of your canvas.
Enjoy this fun craft!