Paul’s Fresh Game Day Chili

Paul’s Fresh Game Day Chili

By: Paul Temcio

The average amount of time sports is on in our home is easily 90%. The other 10% is comprised of news, weather and nature related reality television. There is the occasional movie too, but sports dominates. I like to watch any sport no matter how obscure because the competition and skill involved with sports in general is exciting and admirable. I am an athlete from childhood thorough college where I attended Ohio State with a soccer scholarship. After graduation I played on many recreational leagues which ultimately led to me meeting my wife. Sports is a dominant and prominent part of our lives. Food is important during any big game from over seas soccer to the biggest teams in football. This is a chili that I make often because it is fresh, tastes great and is easy to make and serve during game time. I know you will make it a game day tradition too.

pauls-gameday-chili-recipe-from-jenny-at-dapperhouse-blog

What you will need:

Set of ingredients 1. 

  • 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes (Must be Hunt’s brand since I am from Pittsburgh and my loyalties lie in my roots there)
  • 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (Again, Hunt’s only)
  • ½ tsp. hot sauce (I use “Burn Baby Burn or Tabasco)
  • 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, no-salt added, drained and rinsed
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 jalapenos, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 Tbsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp. oregano
  • ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper

Set of ingredients 2. 

  • 2 lbs of the lowest fat ground beef you can find
  • 1 regular onion, chopped
  • 2 large fresh cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil (use this to brown the meat)
 ingredients-for-pauls-gameday-chili-from-jenny-at-dapperhouse-blog

What you will do:

1. Put the ingredients from Set 1 in a large pot. Stir then set on medium/low heat to simmer.
recipe-for-pauls-game-day-chili-fresh-and-easy-jenny-at-dapperhouse-blog

2. Add the ingredients from set 2 in a frying pan and stir until meat is browned.

recipe-fpr-beef-game-day-chili-from-jenny-at-dapperhouse-blog

3. Use a large spoon to drain off any excess fat from the ground beef.

4. Add the meat to the  pot and stir well.

pauls-homemade-chili-recipe-jenny-at-dapperhouse-blog

5. Increase heat to medium and let cook for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.

6. Serve and enjoy!

make-pauls-game-day-chili-anytime-recipe-on-jenny-at-dapperhouse-blog

You can also serve with freshly sliced Italian Bread and shredded cheese.

Share this with your friends! Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on YummlyEmail this to someonePrint this page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *