As cool moms we are always on the search for awesome activities for our kids. This one is a food-tivity because it is slime that you can play with but that you can also eat! This requires using heat so older children need to be supervised and you can make it for younger children. It is not a healthy food but it is a fun food so maybe let your kids know that they can take a taste or two but you don’t want them eating this whole thing of slime. Think ahead about sorting your gummy bears by color so you can make different colors of slime! This is sure to please your little ones. Here is how to make Edible Gummy Bear Slime.
How to Make Edible Candy Slime from Gummy Bears
You will need:
- 1 cup gummy bears
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoon powdered sugar
How to Make
1. Take 1 Cup of Gummy Bears and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave Gummy Bears for roughly 25-35 seconds in order to break down the texture and stir. (May need to do additional seconds depending on wattage of microwave)
3. Add 2 Teaspoons of Corn Starch and 2 Teaspoons of Powdered Sugar.
4. Mix together and knead ingredients until throughly mixed. (Be careful nnot to burn yourself.)
5. Congratulations you now have completely Edible Gummy Bear Slime!
TIP: You can also turn this into more of a Playdough mixture by doubling the Teaspoon amounts of Corn Starch and Powdered Sugar.
Isn’t it cool! I know that you are going to have lots of fun making this edible gummy bear slime with your kids.
Special thanks to Jeannine at Little Bunny Lane Blog for this fun post!