Waldorf salad is a great cold salad to enjoy any time. It is healthy and it is really easy to make. This is my take on the traditional recipe only made so fresh, tastier and more modern! This Chunky Chicken Waldorf Salad is definitely a main dish meal, but it can also be used as a side dish. You could even use it as a delicious sandwich filling if you chop the ingredients much smaller. I highly encourage you to give this recipe a try. It is very convenient to store in the refrigerator and every day for the week you can scoop a bit on a bed of dark greens and spinach and you have an amazing lunch. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Fresh & Modern Waldorf Chicken Salad Recipe
What you will need:
- 2 large chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 2 large apples (diced)
- juice squeezed from 1/2 a lemon
- 3 stalks of celery (chopped thin)
- 1 cup (or 1 5oz. bag) dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup (or 1 2.25 oz. bag) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 shakes of garlic salt
- 2 turns of a pepper grinder
How to Make It:
- Add the chopped apples to a bowl and cover with the fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly. (It is that easy!)
Are you going to give this recipe a try?