This is not a sponsored post but does contain affiliate links.
I love making easy and fast recipes that are healthy and delicious. All four of those components make a perfect food, in my opinion! These granola bars are so good that my son eats them like crazy and I’m fine with us satisfying our sweet tooth with them since they are much healthier than any other sweets we can buy. Some people may tell you that their recipes are good, but I am telling you…these are SO GOOD!! You really need to give these a try.
Here is what you need:
- 2 cups of crushed shredded wheat type of cereal
- 3/4 cup of flaxseed meal
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate flavor is so good!)
How to Make:
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (including the protein powder if wanted).
- In a glass bowl combine the peanut butter and honey. Heat until melted and a little bubbly. (approx. 1 minute in the microwave.)
- Add the peanut butter and honey to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Get a square baking pan and grease well.
- Press the mix into the pan. (Press well)
- Put in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
You an also add your favorite ingredients such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds, oats, chopped nuts, dried fruit and more! If making a substitution just reduce the flaxseed and wheat cereal a bit so that it is not too dry.
Store in the refrigerator.
This is also a fantastic way to spend 30 minutes or less with your child. Kids love to help cook with the measuring ingredients and stirring things together. You can make memories, teach and learn new skills and enjoy each other’s time!