*This is not a sponsored post. Opinions and content belong to jenny at dapperhouse.
We are all susceptible to catching colds, sinus infections and upper respiratory infections at any time of the year. I have been sick for over a week now and I am willing to try just about anything to feel better!
Reasons why I hate having a head cold and upper respiratory infection:
- suddenly turned into a super annoying mouth breather
- losing all progress made at cross fit by not being able to work out
- husband is grouchy because I started snoring from being stuffy and it keeps him awake at night
- losing my balance makes me look like a total klutz
- so foggy that I have a hard time concentrating at work
- can not smell or taste my delicious Starbucks coffee all day
- have to use cheap, throw away make up so that I don’t get cold germs in my good stuff and re-infect myself with illness
Believe me, I am a huge fan of the many wonders of medical science, but I need something even more than over the counter meds now. A friend of mine sells doTERRA oils and sent me some in the mail to try. I decided that since I have to use a temporary lip gloss while I am sick, I should just make to make a lip balm that I can use for my dry lips as well as breathe in the healing oils that will cure my cold!
I am going to show you how to make it for yourself too!
2 teaspoons beeswax (grated or pellets)
1T olive oil
1T cup virgin coconut oil
5 drops of melaleauca
10 drops of on guard
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make:
- Melt beeswax in a glass container
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Allow mixture to sit for a couple of hours in the refrigerator until thickened.
- Store in an airtight container.
I put mine into an empty prescription bottle with the label torn off. . .
This is why you should use these particular essential oils for a head cold:
Melaleuca oil is a proven healer against infections and protects against seasonal and environmental threats to the immune system.
On Guard is a blend of oils sold by doTERRA that contains wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary. This is blended specifically for immune function.
If you like peppermint, you could add some of that too!
If you think that this is something you would like to try, please consider buying from my friend’s site Life Essentially. She is a long time distributor of essential oils and has a blog with fantastic resources as well (like a lot more all natural recipes that you can make at home).
* I was not given products in exchange for this post. I have added affiliate links to my friend’s site so that she might get credit for sales from this post.